FILLMORE AVENUE Historic Polonia District, Buffalo, New York From William Street to Broadway; A Planned, But Unfinished Olmsted Corridor Linking Buffalo's North & South Park System
DID YOU KNOW? In 2010, the City of Buffalo named the stretch of Fillmore Avenue between Peckham and Broadway as Dyngus Day Way. This sign can be found in front of the Adam Mickiewicz Library.
Fillmore Avenue South; West side.
The Southwest corner of Broadway & Fillmore. Click image to learn more about the former Union Stock Yard Bank (Liberty Bank) Building that runs down Fillmore.
690 Fillmore Avenue: Buuilt in 1941; Designed by Bley & Lyman. Built as a branch of the Buffalo Industrial Bank, this small art moderne gem was the first drive in bank in Buffalo and only the second in the eastern US.
700 Fillmore Avenue
684 Fillmore Avenue
666 Fillmore Avenue: one of the first McDonald's to be built in Buffalo.
662 Fillmore Avenue: The central section of this block was built as the bottling house and office of the Schreiber Brewing Company.
664 Fillmore Avenue: former post office.
638 Fillmore Avenue: VACANT
636 Fillmore Avenue: built as a fire station for Hook & Ladder Co. No. 11 to the design of city architect Howard Beck: 1908
634 Fillmore Avenue
632 Fillmore Avenue
626 Fillmore Avenue
612 Fillmore:Adam Mickiewicz Library & Dramatic Circle, (Biblioteka i Kolo Teatralne im. Adama Mickiewicza) Click image to learn more
608 Fillmore Avenue
580 Fillmore Avenue
562 Fillmore Avenue: St. Stanislaus Covent; 1916
562 Fillmore Avenue: Built as the brick residence for the nuns who ministered to the parish (St.Stan's) and taught at the school There are fine art glass windows in the chapel. Designed by Wladyslaw Zawadzki in 1916.
Fillmore Avenue South; East side.
SouthEast corner of Fillmore & Broadway
703 Fillmore: Former Masiel Furniture
699 Fillmore Avenue
697 Fillmore Avenue
675 Fillmore Avenue: Built as a moving picture theater by Joseph Rutkowski. One of the oldest neighborhood theater buildings remaining in Buffalo. Built 1910.
671 Fillmore Avenue
665 Fillmore Avenue
653 Fillmore Avenue
647 Fillmore Avenue: Built by the city as Police Station No. 8 to the designs of the city architect Howard Beck. Closed in 1990 and now serves as a Buddhist Temple. Built 1915.
641 Fillmore Avenue
639 Fillmore Avenue
637 Fillmore Avenue
629 Fillmore Avenue
617 Fillmore Avenue: Polish Co-Operative Savings & Loan Association. Built 1925; designed by Wladyslaw Zawadzki.
615 Fillmore Avenue: Built in 1910; designed by Wladyslaw Zawadzki. Built as the home of real estate agent Stanislaus Nowicki.
611 Fillmore Avenue
605 Fillmore Avenue: Corner of Paderewski Drive. Click image to learn about Project Paderewski
595 Fillmore Avenue: This significant structure began as a samll house; expanded in frame and brick by Joseph Jankowski from 1893-1907 for his residence, confectionary store and cigar factory. This building is VACANT and at EXTREME RISK.
591 Fillmore Avenue: built in 1890, Home of Frank Burzynski.